Summertime often calls for lighter meals that are quick and easy to whip up. This chorizo and spinach pasta dish takes no more than 15-20 minutes to prepare and with bundles fresh ingredients combined with the strong flavours of the chorizo, this is a definite crowd-pleaser!
- 1 and a half cups of penne pasta (fresh, if you can get your hands on it)
- Olive oil
- 80-100gm dry cured chorizo sausage
- 4 big handfuls of spinach
- 1 small onion, sliced or diced
- A handful of sliced fresh mushrooms
- Handful of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- Chopped fresh oregano (or a teaspoon of dried oregano)
- Big pinch of salt
- Big pinch of pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In a big frying pan or skillet, heat some olive oil and add in either crumbled or sliced chorizo, the chopped onion, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms and all of the seasonings; garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook the ingredients on medium heat until the chorizo is heated through and the vegetables are tender.
Meanwhile, cook your fresh pasta as per the package instructions (usually in boiling water for 2-3 minutes) and strain once cooked.
Then, add the spinach to your frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
Plate your pasta, and top it with the chorizo and vegetable mix. Sprinkle it with the grated parmesan cheese and serve.