- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 white onion
- 2 large carrots, chopped and diced
- 3 sticks of celery, chopped and diced
- 1 can of whole peeled unflavoured tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon parley (dried or freshly chopped will do)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (for the kick!)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (for the other kick!)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 litres of beef broth
- Fresh crusty bread and more butter to serve
Set your hob to a medium heat, and in a large pot melt the butter and add in the onion, carrot and celery. Cook until the onion is translucent (not golden brown).
Add in the tomatoes and their juice and stir in the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Toss in the paprika, salt and ground pepper and pour in the beef broth.
Give all the ingredients a good mix, and bring it to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and leave it to simmer for 30 minutes. By this time, your vegetables will be tender and well blended.
Serve with buttered crusty bread and enjoy!